We encourage culling operators to register as members of PCOASA.
Download the PCOASA (358 KB pdf document) application form. Complete the form along with the necessary documentation and please email us.
Application made in terms of this form shall be an application for membership of either:
- R900 annual fee
- Professional Culler culling full-time or part-time.
- Supply Game Abattoir and/or Meat Establishment in South Africa
- Registration- R500 once off
- R900 annual fee
- Any Game Abattoir and Meat Establishment or related enterprise that is duly authorized and registered to procure, source, purchase and or trade in game meat and related products with the aim to process, wholesale and or retail in such products within the RSA and or for the export market. (Per Game Abattoir or Meat Establishment)
- Registration-R500 (once off)
PCOASA Membership registration process:
- Firstly, the application documents must be completed, the mentioned fee must be paid, the documents required must be attached and the process hereunder must be followed.
- The applicant must apply for Game Harvester registration to cull game at your local office of the State Veterinarian and comply with all the requirements – study VPN’s 5,8,9 as well as the Meat Safety Act 40/2000 and the Foodstuffs, Cosmetics and Disinfectants Act 54/1972. Forward the registration document with your PCOASA application.
- The applicant must supply a protocol in line with the requirements as mentioned in 1. of your shooting and carcass dressing operation, including the details of transport to a registered game abattoir.
- The applicant must supply proof of their equipment to be used as part of the culling operations.
- The applicant must supply a copy of their HACCP system as well as control sheets.
- The applicant must supply proof the availability of a Game Meat Examiner or Game Meat Inspector.
- The applicant must Supply a valid agreement with a registered and legal game meat abattoir for the supply of partially dressed game carcasses.
After receipt of the above, your application will be forwarded to the PCOASA Management group for approval. Should the above be as prescribed by the relevant guidelines and laws, you will be required to arrange a cull, set up your mobile depot, cull slaughter and transport partially dressed carcasses as prescribed. Ensure that all action take place as per the approved protocols of your culling operation. A member of the Management of PCOASA will perform an audit on your functionality. The cost for the attendance and inspection of this person will be for the applicant’s account.
Should the above process be accepted, the application will be approved.
Download the PCOASA (358 KB pdf document) application form. Complete the form along with the necessary documentation and please email. us the application along with the support documents.